The Mages Guild allows you to train Mages from the Barracks. Mages are strong but vulnerable units, that are capable of dishing out large attacks.
Strength[edit | edit source]
- Mage's guild allows you to access mages, one of the most powerful units in the game due to their ability to cast battle-changing AoE spells.
- Mage's guild also allows you to obtain the upgrades for mages, fireball and heal, which are what truly make the mage effective.
- Mage's guild can also be used to throw you opponent off track as mages are built from barracks, so you don't have to commit to it as you loose no production time switching from producing mages to another unit.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
The Mage's guild is quite expensive however and the mages it unlocks are not really worth using without also buying the upgrades.
Development[edit | edit source]
0.10: Mages guild added
1.10: Mages guild: increased build time from 60 to 75 sec
- increased cost from 400 to 450 gold
1.30: Mages guild; reduced cost from 450 to 350
1.32: Mages guild; reduced cost from 350 to 300
1.70: Mages are now trained in the Barracks instead of the mage's guild
- Mages spells now have to be researched in the Mages Guild before they can be used
- Mages Guild: reduced cost from 300 to 200; reduced build time from 75 to 60 sec